Rwanda Reopens for Tourism
Travel to Rwanda to experience the best Mother Nature has to offer.
- All arriving passengers must quarantine for 24hours at a designated hotel while waiting for the results at their own cost. A Covid-19 PCR test will be taken upon arrival and an additional mandatory PCR test performed on day 3 at own cost, from the arrival date, at a designated testing site (Camp Kigali or nearest Provincial or District Hospitals for those out of the City of Kigali).
- Tourists, including children over 5 years, where applicable, visiting the country’s national parks will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 24 hours. A RT- PCR COVID-19 test is required for all visitors wishing to see primates at Volcanoes, Nyungwe, and Gishwati- Mukura National parks. Tourists who have booked not more than two consecutive visits are required to present their negative RT PCR COVID-19 for the 1st visit only;
- Rwanda’s doors are now openand we look forward to welcoming you to be at one with nature, while staying safe and healthy. All tourism activities, including primate trekking within Rwanda’s national parks, have now resumed in line with enhanced COVID-19 prevention measures. The well-being of travelers is Rwanda’s top priority and the country has put in place robust health and safety guidelines to ensure this.
- Currently, international visitors arriving by flight can visit Rwanda. These visitors can enter Rwanda on the condition of fulfilling the health and safety requirements outlined in these FAQs and this information note. Visitors must complete the Passenger Locator Form before arrival.
- Together with the private sector, Visit Rwanda is offering attractive packages for visitors, Rwandans and foreign residents. Visa on arrival remains available for all visitors to the country.
- Cancellation policies have been updated to accommodate travellers impacted during this time and can be accessed Read also about the new incentives for tourism and travel stakeholders here
- All guests staying at various hotels countrywide are required to present a negative SARS-CoV 2 Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) or Rapid Antigen Test.
- All other tourism destinations including hotel stays will accept either a Rapid Antigen Test or SARS-CoV 2 Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) taken within 24 hours.
- The cost of the Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test for arriving visitors at the airport is USD60 ((50USD for covid-19 test and 10USD for specific logistics to the airport).
- For the mandatory RT-PCR tests taken upon arrival and on Day 3 of quarantine, Rwandan citizens will pay Rwf 40,000 or 40 USD (30USD for covid-19 test and 10USD for specific logistics to the airport) instead of current cost of Rwf 57,200 for each test.
- For the mandatory RT-PCR test taken on Day 7, Rwandan citizens will pay Rwf 30,000 or 30USD instead of current cost of Rwf 47,200 for each test.
- The cost of a Rapid Antigen test is Rwf 5,000 and results are typically available within 15 minutes of the test being taken. A list of accredited private clinics that provide COVID-19 Rapid Antigen tests can be accessed at rbc.gov.rw.
- Frequently asked questions with more details on visiting Rwanda can be accessed here.
- For more information about Rwanda’s response and daily updates on COVID-19, please visit the Rwanda Biomedical Centre’s website here.
- Tourists to Rwanda’s national parks are now required to complete a guest registration and indemnity form in advance of their visit and submit the form electronically to the park.
Please find the forms to print and sign below:
Volcanoes National Park (submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Nyungwe National Park (submit to: email@example.com)
- Gorilla permits are now available at USD 200 for Rwandans & EAC nationals, USD 500 for African Union citizens and foreign residents in Rwanda and USD 1,500 for international tourists.
- Special packages are available for groups, families and corporates on other products in Volcanoes and Nyungwe national parks. Learn more here.
- These special offers are valid until 31 December 2022.
- View a range of special offers from Rwandan tour and travel operators here.
Visit Rwanda Soon
For those who have postponed their trip or are planning to visit Rwanda in the near future, we can’t wait to see you soon.