Rwanda Reopens for Tourism
Travel to Rwanda to experience the best Mother Nature has to offer.
- Covid-19 testing is no longer a requirement prior to boarding the flight to Rwanda. However, regular Covid-19 testing is encouraged.
- The Passenger Locator Form is no longer a requirement before departure.
- Land borders are open. People may be subject to random Covid-19 testing by the Ministry of Health upon entry and are encouraged to be vaccinated before crossing the border.
- Currently, international visitors arriving by flight can visit Rwanda. These visitors can enter Rwanda on the condition of fulfilling the health and safety requirements outlined in these FAQs and this information note
- Together with the private sector, Visit Rwanda is offering attractive packages for visitors, Rwandans and foreign residents. Visa on arrival remains available for all visitors to the country.
- Cancellation policies have been updated to accommodate travellers impacted during this time and can be accessed Read also about the new incentives for tourism and travel stakeholders here
- Frequently asked questions with more details on visiting Rwanda can be accessed here.
- For more information about Rwanda’s response and daily updates on COVID-19, please visit the Rwanda Biomedical Centre’s website here.
- Tourists to Rwanda’s national parks are now required to complete a guest registration and indemnity form in advance of their visit and submit the form electronically to the park.
Please find the forms to print and sign below:
Volcanoes National Park (submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Nyungwe National Park (submit to: email@example.com)
- Gorilla permits are now available at USD 200 for Rwandans & EAC nationals, USD 500 for African Union citizens and foreign residents in Rwanda and USD 1,500 for international tourists.
- Special packages are available for groups, families and corporates on other products in Volcanoes and Nyungwe national parks. Learn more here.
- These special offers are valid until 31 December 2022.
- View a range of special offers from Rwandan tour and travel operators here.
Visit Rwanda Soon
For those who have postponed their trip or are planning to visit Rwanda in the near future, we can’t wait to see you soon.