On 4th December, 2019, Paris Saint- Germain (PSG) and Rwanda Development Board announced that Rwanda will be PSG’s Official Premium Partner for the next three years. This unique partnership with PSG will make Rwanda’s creative culture, innovative environment and Made in Rwanda products global.
The first partnership activation will welcome French graffiti artist, ESTIM to collaborate with a Rwandan artist to create a piece of art that will embody the common values Rwanda shares with the Club – a commitment to excellence and football development and a creative mindset.
The wall -few meters only- would represent the partnership, displaying tourism, agriculture and iconic structures.
ESTIM, also a PSG Fan, similarly created a Legends graffiti wall outside the Parc des Princes in 2019.
The location of the wall in Kigali will be communicated at the beginning of the selection process.
- Create an iconic symbol of diversity and togetherness for locals and tourists, PSG Fans, Legends and Players visiting the country.
- Showcase the wall worldwide during the Legends and First Team players’ visits
- Highlight the importance of artistic expression in the country and it’s place in the creative industry.
In preparing proposals Artists or Artist teams must demonstrate how they intend to meet the requirements below:
- Must be 18 years old and above.
- Demonstrate artistic excellence, innovation and originality through past work and supporting materials.
- Demonstrate capacity to develop concepts that are appropriate to the project goals.
- Demonstrate ability and interest to collaborate with design professionals in creating public artworks
- Demonstrate experience in successfully completing works of similar scope, scale, and complexity, or ability to articulate how he or she would be able to bring the necessary artistic and technical skills to this project.
- Demonstrate interest and understanding of the project.
- Be available to perform the scope of work in a timely and professional manner.
- Build the diversity of the City’s public art collection.
- If applicable, demonstrate a cohesive team and capacity to work with children.