Latest information on COVID-19 and travel to Rwanda
Advice for visitors to and in Rwanda:
- To mitigate the COVID-19 outbreak, all arriving and departing commercial passenger flights, including RwandAir, were halted at midnight on March 20th, 2020.
- Rwanda has been vigilant in containing the outbreak of COVID-19. While borders to Rwanda are currently closed to international travelers, businesses within the country are beginning to resume operations with updated health & safety measures in place.
- In coordination with the Rwanda Ministry of Health, all essential park staff have been tested to ensure the safety and health monitoring of the wildlife in the country’s four national parks.
- All tourism and research activities in Akagera, Nyungwe, Volcanoes and Gishwati-Mukura National Parks have been suspended until further notice as a preventive measure against the transmission of COVID-19. More here
- Cancelations/postponement policies have been updated to accommodate travelers impacted during this time. See them here
For more information about Rwanda’s response measures and daily updates on COVID-19 in Rwanda, please visit the Rwanda Biomedical Centre’s website here