This process involves simultaneously obtaining the certificate of incorporation (business registration), Tax Identification Number (tax registration) and the Social Security registration for employee pension submission.
Below, you can see how you can start, add or cease business activities in Rwanda
Registering a local company
- Copy of ID/Passport
- Complete two copies of Memorandum of Association Art 14 (downloaded on our website here)
Registering a branch of a foreign company
- Power of attorney to present the company in Rwanda.(Notarised)
- A duly authenticated copy of the memorandum Articles of Association. (Notarised)
- Certificate of Registration/Incorporation issued by the registration authority in the country of incorporation. (Notarised)
- Notarised resolution from the authorized agency authorizing to open a branch.
- Passport copies of the shareholders/directors.
- List of directors residing in Rwanda (atleast One)
Opening a local branch
- Notarised Resolution to open branch
- Complete the application form
- Payment of 5,000 rwf at RDB
Additional activities for individual businesses
- Completed application forms provided for changing of particulars
- Original registration certificate
- Payments slip (Receipt) 2,000 Rwf
Additional activities for companies
- One (1) notarized minutes of the Board meeting authorizing the filing of additional activities.
- Original Registration certificate.
- Payment of 7,000 rwf at RDB
Cessation of trading activities
Cost: Cessation fee RWF 5,000
- Letter addressed to the Registrar General, stamped by the Rwanda Revenue Authority (RRA). A copy to RRA
- Tax clearance certificate from RRA
- Original Registration certificate
- Minutes of Association notarized
- Payment Slip