A Fast-Growing Sector
- Tourism is the largest source of foreign exchange earnings in Rwanda and is growing rapidly. In 2019, revenues generated from the sector were USD 498 million.
Investor Friendly Destination
- Rwanda is the second easiest place to do business in Africa according to the World Bank’s Doing Business Ranking. Registering a business takes just six hours.
Connected to the World
- A 7,000 km nationwide fibre network and a 4G LTE network that covers 95% of the country provide instant connectivity wherever you are – from Kigali to the shores of Lake Kivu.
- A business-friendly investor law provides generous incentives for entrepreneurs and established companies alike.
Progressive Visa Regime
- Rwanda offers free visa on arrival for AU, Commonwealth and Francophonie member states. Entry visas are available on arrival for all other international visitors.
Growing Regional Hub
- The rapid growth of national airline RwandAir and the construction of a new world class international airport are positioning Rwanda as a key regional hub for business and trade.
Volcanoes National Park Experiential Centre
- Located in Musanze District in Rwanda’s Northern Province, the Volcanoes National Park Experiential Centre is a ground-breaking project that will share success stories of mountain gorilla conservation and harness the power of responsible tourism.
- The Experiential Centre will sit on 15 hectares and encompass the Kwita Izina Amphitheatre, a vibrant conference centre, a state-of-art research and veterinary centre, visitor centre and an enlightening conservation museum, among others.
- The site is located at the foothills of Volcanoes National Park, home to the endangered mountain gorillas, and just two and a half hours from Kigali.
- The Volcanoes National Park Experiential Centre will:
- benefit from and contribute to Rwanda’s fast-growing tourism sector
- expand law enforcement and research activities for the effective conservation of the park and enhance visitors’ experience
- support community development through job creation
- feature a multi-purpose venue for year-round events
5-Star Golf Resort & Residential Villas
- Located on the shores of Lake Kivu, this unique 18-hole championship golf course in Karongi District, Western Province, will be an attraction for the international, regional and national upmarket leisure traveller.
- The site is strategically located near Nyungwe National Park and Gishwati-Mukura National Park. Rwanda is positioning itself as a prime golf destination in East Africa, attracting a new clientele to the region through the golf course and a luxurious 5-star resort.
- This development will be a favourite addition for tourists visiting the country’s national parks and wishing to extend their stay in Rwanda. Along with the golf course and the 5-star resort, a residential complex will be developed in the beautiful surrounding of the golf course.
- 200 hectares has been earmarked for this investment opportunity.
Karongi Lakeside Resort
- Located in Karongi and in close proximity to Lake Kivu, this prime site is available for development of a hotel, lakeside lodge or resort.
- Lake Kivu has been demarcated as a priority area for tourism development with a number of new tourism experiences developed, including the Congo Nile Trail, a 227 km adventure and community trail, Gishwati-Mukura and Nyungwe national parks (both less than 50 km away), water sport activities, hiking and biking trails as well as community-based tourism.
- The site offers direct lake access and a total land of up to 3.7 hectares.
Hotel Strip, Rubavu District
- A Hotel strip development is planned along the beachfront of the main Rubavu tourism zone in Rwanda’s Western Province. The property will be highly visible from the entry point of the city and easily accessible from the beachfront road.
- The terrain is almost flat with little vegetation on site. It is strategically located at the shores of Lake Kivu, a hotspot for tourism activities.
- This facility will tap into Rwanda’s growing events industry with the Rwanda Convention Bureau extending conferences to cities like Rubavu.
- The hotel strip will consist of a mixed-use entertainment and leisure development, accommodation, public areas, retail, spa, casino, and event facilities.
Cultural Tourism Infrastructure Project
- The Kigali Cultural Village will promote and conserve the rich cultural heritage and environment of Rwanda, generate diversified tourism income for the country and open up new social and entertainment amenities and services.
- The Kigali Cultural Village aims to enhance Kigali’s tourism offering, and to showcase Rwanda’s attractions to both local and international tourists.
- The village sits on 30.1 hectares and will have an outdoor auditorium, museum, heritage and food museum, camping site, eco-lodge, cinema with theatres and galleria, a playground, business centre and a botanical garden. The Government of Rwanda has invested in the basic infrastructure and the site is serviced with water and electricity
- The proposed model of project implementation is a public private partnership.
Gicumbi Vacation Village
- Located in Gicumbi District in Rwanda’s Northern Province and only a one hour drive from Kigali, the vacation village is a lucrative concept geared towards families, singles and groups of friends that enjoy an eventful and nature-orientated lifestyle.
- The vacation village will provide visitors with every amenity required for a relaxing and exciting holiday.
Lake Kivu Sport
- The project comprises three marinas to be constructed in the three tourism centres of Rubavu, Karongi and Rusizi.
- Additional jetty stations and mini ports in Rutsiro and Nyamasheke will be developed along the shores of Lake Kivu.
- Regular boat services between these hubs will not only trigger tourism between these centres and along the lake, they will also facilitate domestic tourism and business.
Akagera National Park
Be part of one of the most exciting conservation stories on the continent and invest in tourism around Akagera National Park.
- Nyakagonji: Camping site, eco-lodges, two Vacation Villas (16 & 24 beds respectively) and a conservancy area
- Mutumba: Eco-lodge, including leisure facilities and community conservancy area
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to express your interest.